Friday 4 December 2009

What have I done?

I have just registered for the Great North Swim. Along with Charlotte and Simon (and Dave for support), I will swim a mile along Lake Windemere next September. I will have to wear a wetsuit! And do some training. It fits in well with the whole weight loss resolution for next year which is good.

Charlotte is going to do all four of the swims (North, Scotland, East and London), Simon is going to do three of them and Dave and I will be doing just one. We are hoping to raise £2500 for Barnardo's, who work with children to help them realise their potential, no matter their background. We have a Just Giving page so if you would like to sponsor us, please click the link to donate and thank you!

You can also keep up with what we are doing on our fancy pants blog that Simon set up.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Better get the cold baths running to acclimatise :-) (I'm training for a marathon, so I can tease you alright while I have my own post-run 10min cold baths...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - hope you really enjoy it and the training!

    ReplyDelete