Wednesday 12 September 2012

This time last year …

… Phill and I went on our honeymoon!

Day 1: To San Francisco

We saw these fields from the plane. I was very confused and couldn't work out why they were round. I looked it up when we got home and it turns out it's due to the irrigation process. It's basically a giant sprinkler system on an arm that circles a central point.
Our hotel was in Chinatown so we could walk to lots of places.
On our first night we went for a wander toward the sea to get your bearings. This was very close to our hotel. Once we got the the dock area, we walked along to Pier 39 to find something to eat. On the way we saw Alcatraz Island and our first incredibly steep street.
Pier 39 is home to sea lions! We also saw pelicans.
We found a Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant which was great! We went to one in Chicago so we knew we liked the food. Obviously, lots of prawns were eaten and I had my first Strawberry Lemonade which is a genius yet simple invention of lemonade with strawberrys in. I make my own at home now. During our meal, there was a quiz about Forrest Gump and we got our server's attention with the sign on the table.
Pier 39 is a tat Mecca and I loved it! More about that later in the week. This final photo is at about 9pm which was about 4am our time so We were knackered and Phill wanted me to stop taking photos!

Tomorrow… cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment