Sunday 31 January 2016

Spinning Saturday (on Sunday, oops!)

The last Saturday of every odd month, I get a day away from home. I spend it in a scout hut in Chichester, spinning yarn. It's pretty much the only time I get to spin at the moment so I make the most of it.

This week I finally finished my beautiful pink baby alpaca. It's taken me over a year as I've spun it really fine and got about a lace weight 2 ply. Lush! It's about 592m and it's about 100g.

              

              

Now I've finally finished it, I can start something new! This is 100g of merino (in dark blue, dark green, teal and bright green), tussah silk and nylon. It's spinning up into a peacocky colour. Yum! I wonder how long this one will take me! I'm aiming for a three ply sock weight.

              





No comments:

Post a Comment